Monday, October 3, 2011

Items every plus size Lolita should have

The anatomy of a Lolita outfit is very big for every frilly girl and boy. A skirt, a jsk, the blouse even the accessories in the hair (and possibly everywhere else). Every Lolita has items they couldn’t live without. A necklace that goes with your favorite skirt or that pair of shoes you couldn’t do without. Every girl (or boy) is different so please don’t take it from me! For me though, being the lovely size I am, I need a few things going out in Lolita, even if it’s just to the mall to meet friends and chat over bubble tea. When reading and find you're itching to look at some sites I found while writing this blog, they're at the bottom!


Both taken from torrid.com The one on the left shapes everything, the one on the right mainly shapes the backside.

Stomach Tucker/girdle/ Tummy Tucker: I love these things. I wear them all the time for everything formal. It makes my stomach look smoother and with less bulge. With tuckers, it’s not a real big deal on how to wear them, you just slip them over as if you’re putting on bloomers (under panties I hope but hey, if you go commando then do what you do) and adjust, then slip on real bloomers! I got mine from Torrid, but you can get it at a lot of places that sell plus size clothing.


 Taken from foottraffic.com The pairs of tights on the right are wool and supposed to be very very soft.

Stockings/tights: I prefer these over OTK’s because for me the elastic on the socks digs in, or the roll down and get annoying. The plus side with tights, you can get opaque tights, tights with designs and motifs as well as wool tights which make you oh so warm in winter. MakeLovely’s blog has a great article about socks and tights, so I’d look up this article right here. 

Shoe Insoles: Tired feet hurt, and a usual plus size girl has flat feet (I do anyway), and because of that I always have insoles in my shoes, and I always am able to switch them in and out of each pair. The best part is that with most insoles, you can cut them to fit your feet, and there are different types for different shoes. Shoes are a big thing, which leads me to the next item.



Images taken from clobbaonline.com These look cute, but are they nice on your feet? I don't think so...

Comfortable shoes: I know that rocking horse shoes and tea parties are the must have in Lolita shoes (along with Mary Jane’s) but honestly I can say that after wearing them I get sick of wearing them and after a long day of walking and chatting, I like to slip on a pair of flats. Most of the time with the shoes I love, I get lovely (disgusting) blisters and my feet tend to get sore after a day of walking. Usually if the going gets tough, I would maybe (not on a regular basis) take a pair of shoes with me.


Link List: Having trouble finding the links to the places I talked about? Here you go!
Spanx
Torrid
Foot Traffic
Avenue
We Love Colors 
Mod Cloth is a little expensive, but they had me salivating at all the cute clothes and things you could get for a good wardrobe in and out of Lolita.
Clobbaonline 

So my frilly guys and gals, I hope this simple add on to your generic Lolita anatomy guide to spice it up and lend a helping hand of course. 

1 comment: