Thursday, December 29, 2011

Summer of Steam

Inspired by the oncoming warm weather ‘SoS’ is a steampunk inspired classic/sweet line with the aesthetics of a classic dress and with modifications it can become a sweet and even something more steampunk.

It’s only in the beginning stages of development, and there have only been a few pieces.


The scallop bottom skirt and pleat style lace will have bows – shown to the left of the image, on each peak of the scallop.  There will be a print, but its undetermined at this moment what it will be.

For the pants, I’ve been toying with the idea of stripes though I’m not sure how it’ll look once its done.



This is the first jsk idea I had for SoS, a bodice style with the matching scallop as it had with the skirt. Shirring in the back to accommodate size range and corset lacing to pull everything together.

Other items in the pieces for Summer of Steam would include a waist corset, a vest, a blouse and maybe a few other items.

Within in the next weeks and months I’ll hopefully develop this into something more and maybe even have a skirt made with a finished print! 

On another note, the end of the year is coming, and so with this post I'd like to wish you all a lovely New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very help full for me, i wish you a best of luck for your life!
    women wholesale clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm writing a primary research paper and I was wondering if I could ask some questions about the Lolita community. So, if you're willing to answer my questions that would be more than wonderful. please & thank you c:
    -What does Lolita mean to you?
    -What interested you to join the Lolita community?
    -Why do you enjoy being in the Lolita community?
    -Do you know the origins of where Lolita came from?
    -Pros & Cons of the Lolita community?
    -Do people get bullied?
    -Anything you would love to mention?

    ReplyDelete